Preparation of Cashew Nut Chicken Curry Recipe
Cashew Nut Chicken Curry
Let's Check Out the Preparation of Cashew Nut Chicken Curry in Indian Style. Homemade Kaju Chicken Curry
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 kg Chicken
- 15 Cashew Nuts ( numbers )
- 7-8 Almonds ( numbers )
- Salt - as needed
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2-3 slit Green Chilies ( cut in to pieces )
- 1/2 cup Brown Onions (optional) (crisply fried onions)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 numbers Bay leaves
- 2 numbers Cardamom
- 3 numbers Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- 2-3 small pcs Cinnamon
- 2 Onions ( finely chopped )
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves( finely chopped )
Method of Preparation
- I am taking a kg of chicken here for the recipe.
- Firstly will take 15 cashew nuts and 7 to 8 almonds and soak them for 1 hour.
- After that will make it into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Now will take clean washed chicken in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 2teaspoons of salt.
- Mix them and marinate the chicken for 15 minutes, the purpose to do this is chicken tastesyummy and juicy when cooked.
- Then will add 3 teaspoons of red chili powder, 11/2 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste.
- And then will add 11/2 coriander powder and ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds powder to it.
- Now will add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Then will add ½ cup of soft or beaten curd to it and ½ cup brown onions, which adds taste to the curry.
- Brown onions are optional, but I am adding it to the curry.
- Add 2 to 3 green chilies slit, mix them all and marinate the chicken for an hour.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamoms and 3 cloves.
- Then will add ½ teaspoon of caraway seeds and 2 to 3 small pieces of cinnamons.
- Let them cook for 1 minute, then will add 2 onions finely chopped till the change colourwith a lid on it.
- Now add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and then will add marinated chicken and mix it.
- Cook it on high flame with a lid till the water subsides.
- Then will add the cashew and almond paste to the chicken, let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now will add ½ cup of water and cook it till we get desired consistency.
- After its done will add ½ teaspoon of Garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
- So our tasty chicken gravy curry is ready.
We can have this curry with rice , roti and biryani too , it’s delicious .